Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Does Find My work if iCloud has no storage space available?

Hello,

All of our family’s iPhones are showing No Location in the Find My app. Does this have anything to do with available iCloud storage? How do I fix this issue?

best,

gates

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 1:21 AM

No, the "No Location" issue in the Find My app on your family's iPhones is not typically related to available iCloud storage. The Find My app primarily relies on the device's GPS and internet connectivity to determine and report its location. Here are some common reasons why you might be experiencing this issue:

1. Make sure that Location Services are enabled on the iPhones. To check this, go to "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Location Services" and ensure that it's turned on. Also, make sure that the Find My app has permission to access location data.
  2. The iPhones need an active internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular data) to report their location. If the devices are in an area with poor or no connectivity, this could be the reason for the "No Location" status.
  3. Ensure that the iPhones have sufficient battery life or are connected to a power source. If the battery is critically low or the device is turned off, it won't be able to report its location.
  4. On each iPhone, go to "Settings" > "[Your Name]" > "Find My" and make sure that "Find My iPhone" is turned on. Additionally, ensure that "Send Last Location" is enabled. This will help in reporting the last known location of the device before it runs out of battery.
  5. Ensure that each iPhone is signed in to the correct iCloud account associated with the Find My app. Sometimes, using the wrong Apple ID can lead to location tracking issues.
  6. Under "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Location Services," make sure that the Find My app is allowed to use location data, and that it's set to "Always" for the best tracking accuracy.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 1:21 AM in response to ITconnecter

No, the "No Location" issue in the Find My app on your family's iPhones is not typically related to available iCloud storage. The Find My app primarily relies on the device's GPS and internet connectivity to determine and report its location. Here are some common reasons why you might be experiencing this issue:

1. Make sure that Location Services are enabled on the iPhones. To check this, go to "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Location Services" and ensure that it's turned on. Also, make sure that the Find My app has permission to access location data.
  2. The iPhones need an active internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular data) to report their location. If the devices are in an area with poor or no connectivity, this could be the reason for the "No Location" status.
  3. Ensure that the iPhones have sufficient battery life or are connected to a power source. If the battery is critically low or the device is turned off, it won't be able to report its location.
  4. On each iPhone, go to "Settings" > "[Your Name]" > "Find My" and make sure that "Find My iPhone" is turned on. Additionally, ensure that "Send Last Location" is enabled. This will help in reporting the last known location of the device before it runs out of battery.
  5. Ensure that each iPhone is signed in to the correct iCloud account associated with the Find My app. Sometimes, using the wrong Apple ID can lead to location tracking issues.
  6. Under "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Location Services," make sure that the Find My app is allowed to use location data, and that it's set to "Always" for the best tracking accuracy.

Does Find My work if iCloud has no storage space available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.