Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro airdrop not working

My father has an iPhone 14 pro. I am able to airdrop him photos from my 2020 SE. But he cannot send me air drop or mail attachment drop. I have tried every setting- contact only, everyone and everyone for 10 minutes. Nothing works at all. I also updated to IOS 16.6.1. Tried all the above again without a different result.

I saw a similar thread from Oct ‘22 and wanted to know if the issue was ever fixed. My understanding is my dad’s phone is under a year old and is still under warranty. Any suggestions are appreciated.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 8:52 PM

I have an iPhone 14 Pro it seems after last update airdrop doesn’t work. I can receive airdrop photos but not send. I have blocked unblocked screen time , reset my device, checked if airdrop is “contacts only” changed to “everyone” deleted VPN and still it won’t work. At my wits end and I have to say the flakiest part of an apple device. Please either issue a fix or further instructions . Thank you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2023 8:52 PM in response to Sheree_P

I have an iPhone 14 Pro it seems after last update airdrop doesn’t work. I can receive airdrop photos but not send. I have blocked unblocked screen time , reset my device, checked if airdrop is “contacts only” changed to “everyone” deleted VPN and still it won’t work. At my wits end and I have to say the flakiest part of an apple device. Please either issue a fix or further instructions . Thank you.

Sep 9, 2023 4:09 PM in response to Dom1110

Hey Dom1110,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Make sure the date, time, and time zone is correct. Issues may occur if the information isn't correct. To check the date, time, and time zone, go to Settings > General > Date & Time. If the Time Zone is incorrect, turn off "Set Automatically", change the Time Zone, and then turn on "Set Automatically". Afterwards, see if the issue is resolved.

VPN and/or security software may also interfere. For more details, review this article:Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues.If you have a VPN or security software, disable or remove from the iPhone, and then restart. Confirm issue is resolved.

Check to see if Screen Time is enabled. If so, there may be a setting not allowing the use of AirDrop on the device. Disable Screen Time to see if it resolves the issue. For more information about Screen Time, click here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Hope this helps. Take care.

iPhone 14 pro airdrop not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.