Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

heating problem with my iphone 12

hi,

heating problem with my iphone 12 while i a using youtube and instagram. many platform and battary drain problem please help me for fix the issue

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 8:01 PM

Sounds like expected behavior to me. If you are viewing images or videos on your device that are not saved to local storage, they will drain more battery, as they need to be downloaded as you're viewing things. This can also be affected by network speed and connection strength, screen brightness, volume and other factors.

If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 8:01 PM in response to suresh_yl

Sounds like expected behavior to me. If you are viewing images or videos on your device that are not saved to local storage, they will drain more battery, as they need to be downloaded as you're viewing things. This can also be affected by network speed and connection strength, screen brightness, volume and other factors.

If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

Sep 8, 2023 8:01 PM in response to suresh_yl

Some activities such as charging or a lot of computational activity (e.g., video), generate heat. Some warmth is to be anticipated.* "Keep your iPhone, the power adapter, and any wireless charger in a well-ventilated area when in use or charging."** Read this article about keeping your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

Changes in software such as upgrades may introduce new features which may add to power drain and heat generation. Check Settings > Battery to see if there are apps running that use a lot of power. If there are, decide if you can turn off a service such as Settings > General > Background app refresh when an app is in the background, or Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Read this support article to learn about the battery health feature —> iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

If you think there is a problem with a device, have Apple inspect it. Go to this page to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Apple Authorized Distributor (AAD) --> Find Locations

How to make a Genius Bar appointment

1. Go to Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2. Go to "Get hardware help".

3. Select your hardware and continue selecting options requiring replacing parts until you see "Bring in for Repair"

4. Sign in with your Apple ID

*"Your iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges." - from: How to use your MagSafe Battery Pack - Apple Support

**Section about "Prolonged heat exposure" in this support article --> Important safety information for iPhone - Apple Support

The apps you mention are typical ones that use a lot of power.

heating problem with my iphone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.