Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

New IPhone Charges Significantly Slower

Recently, I just upgraded my XR to a 13. I had my XR since it came out 4-5 years ago. I’ve had my new phone for a month now, and I am loving the upgrade! However, I noticed that my phone charges significantly slower. 

My XR had a battery health life of 80% and my 13 has 100%.

In addition, I am using the same exact charger I was using on my old phone. I bought it a year ago and it’s the USB-C end. 

With my old phone, I found it charging +40% in a hour. With the 13, it charges maybe +15% a hour. I had my phone plugged in for 45 minutes and did not use it and it went from 20 to 36.

I was wondering if there is a reason for this, please let me know! 

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 9:15 PM

4 replies

Sep 9, 2023 3:28 AM in response to _juliedg_

The measure of battery health deterioration/drainage is subjective and can vary depending on individual usage patterns. There is no universal standard to determine whether the battery health deterioration/drainage is normal or abnormal because it heavily relies on how the battery is used and maintained.

Protect & Prolong the Life of your iPhone's Battery:

1. About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ...
  2. Batteries - Maximising Performance - Apple (IN)
  3. iPhone Battery and Performance

New IPhone Charges Significantly Slower

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.