My pics that are Portrait or not showing as Portrait, so I’m not able to get the blur background option

regarding the below Apple instructions- my pics that I took in portrait or not showing a banner saying ‘portrait’ above pic, thus I’m not getting the blur option.

I have a compatible iPhone 11 Pro.

Edit Portrait mode photos on iPhone - Apple Support

Adjust Depth Control in Portrait mode photos

Use the Depth Control slider (on supported models) to adjust the level of background blur in your Portrait mode photos.

1. Tap any photo taken in Portrait mode to view it in full screen.
  2. Tap Edit, then tap 

1. at the top of the screen.
  2. A slider appears below the photo.
  3. Drag the slider left or right to adjust the background blur effect.
  4. Tap Done to save your changes.

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 3:49 AM

Open the Camera, select Portrait mode, then drag the Portrait Lighting control to choose a lighting effect. · Tap the Portrait Control button at the top of the ...

Do you see the pic as shown below

Take Portrait mode photos with your iPhone camera

After you take a photo in Portrait mode, you can use the Depth Control slider in Photos to further adjust the background blur effect. See Edit Portrait mode photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 3:49 AM in response to nonya1

Open the Camera, select Portrait mode, then drag the Portrait Lighting control to choose a lighting effect. · Tap the Portrait Control button at the top of the ...

Do you see the pic as shown below

Take Portrait mode photos with your iPhone camera

After you take a photo in Portrait mode, you can use the Depth Control slider in Photos to further adjust the background blur effect. See Edit Portrait mode photos.

My pics that are Portrait or not showing as Portrait, so I’m not able to get the blur background option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.