Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Battery

I got my Iphone brand new from my apple store like three months ago and recently the capacity of my battery is going down very quickly I have 97% now I don’t charge my Iphone more than once a day and

and I'm worried about whether my battery came with a

manufacturing deffect or I simply I just wanna know why it's draining so quickly. Three percent in the first three months of using seems not normal at all to me

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 11:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 11:52 PM

It's not draining quickly, it's perfectly normal.

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

This is an approximation, that is why it may be plus or minus a few percent on a month to month basis.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone battery and performance - Apple Support (IN)

Here are some tips on maximizing battery life.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2023 11:52 PM in response to Alemtz033

It's not draining quickly, it's perfectly normal.

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

This is an approximation, that is why it may be plus or minus a few percent on a month to month basis.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone battery and performance - Apple Support (IN)

Here are some tips on maximizing battery life.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.