Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I forgot the passcode but dont want to reset phone

I forgot the password and don't want to reset phone and erase everything. What other option do I have?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 12:53 AM

You have no options. Once the phone is disabled the only option is to restore it to factory settings, then restore your most recent backup.

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 12:53 AM in response to desirea290

You have no options. Once the phone is disabled the only option is to restore it to factory settings, then restore your most recent backup.

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

I forgot the passcode but dont want to reset phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.