Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro keeps restarting after closing the lid for a while!!

I'm really frustrated of my MacBook restarting a while after I close the lid, (I bought it about a week ago refurbished from a local authorised Apple reseller, they gave me a 6 month warranty, and when I checked in the settings it show that I have a warranty untill 8 Jan 2024, and when checking for battery charge cycle it showed 6 cycles so its not used much).

I tried everything, formatting from system prefferences, erasing disk in startup options, reinstalling MacOS Ventura, and everything I could find on the web, but when I tried to run Apple Diagnostics it gave me a PPP001 error (There may be an issue with the power adapter.), what should I do?!

Update:

I tried charging it while running the diagnostics again and it showed no error, but I don't think that my restarting problem is solved yet, should I try something else or wait for the apple team to help?

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 9:43 AM

MhdrTech wrote:

I'm really frustrated of my MacBook restarting a while after I close the lid, (I bought it about a week ago refurbished from a local authorised Apple reseller, they gave me a 6 month warranty, and when I checked in the settings it show that I have a warranty untill 8 Jan 2024, and when checking for battery charge cycle it showed 6 cycles so its not used much).

I tried everything, formatting from system prefferences, erasing disk in startup options, reinstalling MacOS Ventura, and everything I could find on the web, but when I tried to run Apple Diagnostics it gave me a PPP001 error (There may be an issue with the power adapter.), what should I do?!

Update:
I tried charging it while running the diagnostics again and it showed no error, but I don't think that my restarting problem is solved yet, should I try something else or wait for the apple team to help?

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Make some changes to >System Settings>Battery>Options and compare your results...

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.2

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

no resolve—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2023 9:43 AM in response to MhdrTech

MhdrTech wrote:

Update:

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Make some changes to >System Settings>Battery>Options and compare your results...

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.2

no resolve—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro keeps restarting after closing the lid for a while!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.