Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Text notifications go off after iPhone 13 Pro is in silent mode for a while

I usually turn my iPhone 13 Pro on silent at nite or when in meetings. Most times (but not always), when I turn the switch back on, I do not get text notifications. I then turn off my iPhone and turn it back on and the text notifications magically return. I have been to two different Apple stores in Scottsdale and (as always for me) they claim they have never seen anything like this! I thought I might simply get a new phone to correct this and the not-so-young man at the second Apple store told me it probably would not help because when they transfer all my info the problem will simply go to the new phone...any thoughts?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 8:57 AM

You might not be getting notifications on your iPhone for a few reasons. Here are some of the most common causes:

• Do Not Disturb mode is turned on. Do Not Disturb mode silences all notifications, so ensure it's turned off. You can do this by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping the crescent moon icon.
  • You're in Focus mode. Focus modes are like the Do Not Disturb mode, but they can be customized to block notifications from specific apps or people. To check if you're in Focus mode, swipe down from the top of your screen and tap the Focus icon.
  • You've turned off notifications for a specific app. You can turn off notifications for individual apps in the Settings app. To do this, go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down to the app you want to change. Toggle the Allow Notifications switch to the off position.
  • Your iPhone is in Airplane mode. Airplane mode turns off all wireless connections, including cellular data and Wi-Fi. This means that you won't be able to receive notifications if your iPhone is in Airplane mode.
  • Your iPhone is not connected to the internet. If your iPhone is not connected to the internet, you won't be able to receive notifications from apps that need to connect to the internet to send notifications.

If you've checked all of these things and you're still not getting notifications, you can try restarting your iPhone. If that doesn't work, you can contact Apple support for help.

Have you enabled Scheduled Summary?

Settings > Notifications > [Select the App that you are having trouble receiving immediate notifications]

See the pic below for a few examples. Please select immediate delivery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 8:57 AM in response to JerseyJim1947

You might not be getting notifications on your iPhone for a few reasons. Here are some of the most common causes:

• Do Not Disturb mode is turned on. Do Not Disturb mode silences all notifications, so ensure it's turned off. You can do this by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping the crescent moon icon.
  • You're in Focus mode. Focus modes are like the Do Not Disturb mode, but they can be customized to block notifications from specific apps or people. To check if you're in Focus mode, swipe down from the top of your screen and tap the Focus icon.
  • You've turned off notifications for a specific app. You can turn off notifications for individual apps in the Settings app. To do this, go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down to the app you want to change. Toggle the Allow Notifications switch to the off position.
  • Your iPhone is in Airplane mode. Airplane mode turns off all wireless connections, including cellular data and Wi-Fi. This means that you won't be able to receive notifications if your iPhone is in Airplane mode.
  • Your iPhone is not connected to the internet. If your iPhone is not connected to the internet, you won't be able to receive notifications from apps that need to connect to the internet to send notifications.

If you've checked all of these things and you're still not getting notifications, you can try restarting your iPhone. If that doesn't work, you can contact Apple support for help.

Have you enabled Scheduled Summary?

Settings > Notifications > [Select the App that you are having trouble receiving immediate notifications]

See the pic below for a few examples. Please select immediate delivery.

Text notifications go off after iPhone 13 Pro is in silent mode for a while

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.