How to add songs in iPod nano 1

??

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 9:57 AM

7 replies

Mar 28, 2024 3:41 PM in response to dev_418

Connect your iPod to the computer.

Are you have a Mac computer, you do it through the Finder. If you have a Windows computer, you can use the iTunes app or the newly released Apple Devices app.

When you connect, your device will appear in iTunes.Click on the iPod icon. Go to the Music section and drag the music you selected from the file explorer. After synchronizing, the music will be loaded.

Mar 29, 2024 3:23 AM in response to chesterfromfayetteville

chesterfromfayetteville wrote:

The iTunes you mention is no longer available as it was.

That is not correct. See iTunes - Apple

There is no music library as all music was moved to Apple music.

That simply is not true. I'm still using iTunes as my music library.

Apple Music (the subscription service) cannot be used with the iPod nano, shuffle or Classic, so iTunes is still needed for those iPods.

If you have switched to the new apps, that is why your iTunes is no longer working. The new apps (that partly replace iTunes) do not yet offer all the features of iTunes, so personally, I'm not ready to switch to any of them. My response on 9th September to dev_418 still stands; iTunes on Windows PCs and macOS Mojave or earlier and Finder on macOS Catalina or later.

When you attach the nano, Apple does not see it like it did.

As stated, Apple Music (the subscription service) cannot be used on an iPod nano. If you're having issues with your iPod in the iTunes replacement app (not Apple Music), I suggest that you start a new discussion, where the problems you're having can be properly addressed without the confusion of this one.

Sep 9, 2023 12:07 PM in response to dev_418

You can only add music to a nano via iTunes (the desktop programme) or if you have a recent Mac, by Finder.

If you have a Windows 10 computer, or a Mac running OS Mojave (10:14) or earlier, you use iTunes. If you don't already have it installed on your computer, download it from iTunes - Apple. Install it, add music to its library and then synchronise the iPod with your the library.

If you have a recent Mac, using OS Catalina (10:15) or later, there is no iTunes; instead you use the Mac's pre-installed Finder to manage your iPod.

Lastly, if you have a Windows 7 (or Windows 8) PC, the latest version of iTunes will not work, so go to iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit) and download that version instead.

Mar 25, 2024 12:21 PM in response to the fiend

I Tunes music is no longer available for music as Apple music is now the music place. However, when I connect my 7th gem Nano apple music, where all my music was sent, does not see the Nano. I understand apple music is a subscription, but my music is there, which I purchased. So how do I get the PC Windows, vs 11 to see the ipod nano

Mar 26, 2024 6:13 AM in response to chesterfromfayetteville

iTunes (the programme) is still used on Windows PCs and on older Macs running OS Mojave or earlier.

You cannot add music from Apple Music (which is a subscription service) to an iPod nano.

The OP (Original Poster), dev_418, did not supply much information and my reply was based on what was mentioned. The OP has not replied to my post with any information that might negate what I said and I stand by what I wrote back then.

How to add songs in iPod nano 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.