Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

If i turn off icloud backup

If I turn off icloud backup on verizon which I do not use verizon anymore what happens if I go back to verizon

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 12:31 AM

See the article Back up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iCloud - Apple Support

Turn off automatic backups

If you turn off iCloud Backup for a device, any backups stored in iCloud are kept for 180 days before being deleted.

1. On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
  2. Turn off iCloud Backup.

If you need help with iCloud Backup, see the Apple Support articles If you cannot back up to iCloud and If restore from iCloud backup failed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2023 12:31 AM in response to BaToN70

See the article Back up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iCloud - Apple Support

Turn off automatic backups

If you turn off iCloud Backup for a device, any backups stored in iCloud are kept for 180 days before being deleted.

1. On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
  2. Turn off iCloud Backup.

If you need help with iCloud Backup, see the Apple Support articles If you cannot back up to iCloud and If restore from iCloud backup failed.

If i turn off icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.