How can I be able to save the battery life on my AirTags? Is there a way to shut it off when you are not using it?

I have an AirTag that I use only while traveling in my luggage. How can I save the battery life and avoid receiving notification on my phone when I am not traveling and leave the AirTag at home.

Do I have to remove it as an item on the find “find my” App or remove the batteries on the AirTags?

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 2:27 PM

The only available option to reduce battery drain is to remove the battery.

It’s unknown if this technique might possibly cause issues in the long-term. The batteries DO last a year or so.

The nuisance “left behind” reminders can be easily disabled / re-enabled for specific geographic locations in FindMy.

Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 2:27 PM in response to Airtag101help

The only available option to reduce battery drain is to remove the battery.

It’s unknown if this technique might possibly cause issues in the long-term. The batteries DO last a year or so.

The nuisance “left behind” reminders can be easily disabled / re-enabled for specific geographic locations in FindMy.

Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app - Apple Support

How can I be able to save the battery life on my AirTags? Is there a way to shut it off when you are not using it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.