My ipad pro 11 inch mic only works on video

So when i open voice memos or any other audio recorder it doesn’t record my voice but it works perfectly fine on video. I have done everything including force restart, updating my iPad and resetting all settings with no improvement. I know the mic isn’t broken cos it works but on voice memos it picks up when i move the iPad or like tap the screen with force. But it picks up absolutely nothing else. Any solutions?

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 3:56 PM

2 replies

Sep 10, 2023 2:52 PM in response to Saaim_Malik

Hi Saaim_Malik,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! If you're experiencing an issue with the microphones on your iPad, the guidance below can help:

If the microphones on your iPad aren't working

Test your microphones
1. Open the Camera app.
2. To test the front microphone, record a video of yourself speaking while facing the camera on the front of your iPad. 
3. To test the back microphone, tap the camera chooser to switch to the back camera. Then record another video of yourself speaking while facing the camera on the back of your iPad.
4. Play back both videos. You should hear your voice clearly in each.

If your voice sounds too quiet or muffled when you play back the videos you recorded using the Camera app, make sure that the microphones on your iPad aren't blocked by your hands or a case. If your iPad has a screen protector, make sure that the screen protector has an opening over the front microphone.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

My ipad pro 11 inch mic only works on video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.