Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Weather Channel app crashes immediately after opening

The Weather Channel app on my iPhone 14pro closes immediately after tapping it open. I recently installed iOS 16.6.1. I have powered off the phone and deleted/reinstalled the app but it is still not working. Any advice?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 6:37 PM

offfs Said:

"Weather Channel app crashes immediately after opening : The Weather Channel app on my iPhone 14pro closes immediately after tapping it open. I recently installed iOS 16.6.1. I have powered off the phone and deleted/reinstalled the app but it is still not working. Any advice?"

-------

Troubleshooting Weather Channel App:

A. Disable a VPN: Are you using a VPN? If so, doable it. VPNs change you location (by changing your IP Address). So, too much may be being put on the app.

B. Contact the Developer:

Being you are having issues with the app, contact the Developer. You'll find their Contact Us info in the app

s site fo the App Store.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 6:37 PM in response to offfs

offfs Said:

"Weather Channel app crashes immediately after opening : The Weather Channel app on my iPhone 14pro closes immediately after tapping it open. I recently installed iOS 16.6.1. I have powered off the phone and deleted/reinstalled the app but it is still not working. Any advice?"

-------

Troubleshooting Weather Channel App:

A. Disable a VPN: Are you using a VPN? If so, doable it. VPNs change you location (by changing your IP Address). So, too much may be being put on the app.

B. Contact the Developer:

Being you are having issues with the app, contact the Developer. You'll find their Contact Us info in the app

s site fo the App Store.

Oct 14, 2023 10:28 AM in response to offfs

offfs Said:

Weather Channel app crashes immediately after opening : I received a message from the Weather Channel folks. They said to turn off the WiFi and open the app using cellular data. Once the app is open, turn the WiFi back on. It should then stay open. I tried this and it worked! (So far…🥴)

——

Thanks for pressing the word.

It will help many for certain.

For thought.,,

Provide this Thread to the Weather Channel:

Consider replying back to the Weather, providing them with a link to this thread. Im sure they would like knowing about us all troubleshooting this!

Nov 27, 2023 4:27 AM in response to offfs

Thanks for sharing this - it does help for a while. Seems that the app tries to do something when opened after not being used for a while that doesn’t always work on wifi. The issue is not slow wifi. Perhaps it is trying to determine location from a cell tower. In such a case, the fix suggested is on itself a confirmation that the app has a bug

Weather Channel app crashes immediately after opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.