I have an iPad, iPhone and iMac that I'm still coming to grips with. They all operate under the same Apple ID but different passwords. Is it possible to have the same password for each device and would this facilitate managing my iCloud usage?

I'm asking this as my initial 5g iCloud allowance has run out and, if I upgrade, I want to know how it will work across the three synched devices.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 1:18 AM

Yes, that is possible, here are various Apple devices, all with the same Apple ID and same Password, also for my iCloud+ plan subscription.

See -> Change your Apple ID password -> Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2023 1:18 AM in response to Jessness4

Yes, that is possible, here are various Apple devices, all with the same Apple ID and same Password, also for my iCloud+ plan subscription.

See -> Change your Apple ID password -> Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

I have an iPad, iPhone and iMac that I'm still coming to grips with. They all operate under the same Apple ID but different passwords. Is it possible to have the same password for each device and would this facilitate managing my iCloud usage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.