Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Updated disabled iphone.

My iPhone 13 got disabled. To overcome this problem you have to reset the phone. I also do not have any backup of my data. For me my data is important. So I was searching for solution on the internet that how to bypass this "iPhone is Disabled" or atleast get backup of my data. Then I came across a video on the YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_8mi5Jzk0k) in the video they showed that after updating the disabled iPhone it gives some more time to enter the passcode. Following the video I also updated my Disabled iPhone. When my phone was disabled at that time I was using iOS 15.4 (not sure). Updated it to iOS 16.3. After the update my Disabled iPhone did gave me some extra time to enter the passcode but the screen is totally white and show a message of "Swipe up to recover". Can someone please explain this.

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 2:27 AM

Regarding your data…

1. If you have an iCloud or iTunes latest backup, then there is nothing to worry about. Just restore from it, else...
  2. If You have synced your data to iCloud, then what you will get back is what you have synced to iCloud and uploaded to iCloud Drive;
    1. The information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail*, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data*, call history*, and files* you store in iCloud Drive.
    2. *-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, Mail, Health data, call history under iCloud, and files you store in iCloud Drive your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID
  3. You have imported your Photos & Videos to Mac/PC then they are safely residing there on Mac/PC
  4. You have uploaded some of it to Cloud Drives using the Files app (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud etc). The data remains there.
  5. If you have not backed up or do not have the latest backup, nor imported nor you have synced or uploaded your data to cloud drives prior to the situation that you are in, then I am sorry, all your data is lost.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 2:27 AM in response to akshaymagre

Regarding your data…

1. If you have an iCloud or iTunes latest backup, then there is nothing to worry about. Just restore from it, else...
  2. If You have synced your data to iCloud, then what you will get back is what you have synced to iCloud and uploaded to iCloud Drive;
    1. The information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail*, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data*, call history*, and files* you store in iCloud Drive.
    2. *-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, Mail, Health data, call history under iCloud, and files you store in iCloud Drive your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID
  3. You have imported your Photos & Videos to Mac/PC then they are safely residing there on Mac/PC
  4. You have uploaded some of it to Cloud Drives using the Files app (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud etc). The data remains there.
  5. If you have not backed up or do not have the latest backup, nor imported nor you have synced or uploaded your data to cloud drives prior to the situation that you are in, then I am sorry, all your data is lost.

Updated disabled iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.