iCloud sharing

I just upgraded to 2 TB of iCloud and am sharing it with my husband. Can he have a separate file for his photos so that he doesn’t get my photos?

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 3:01 PM

If you each use your own Apple ID, nothing is shared unless you explicitly share it. Also see the following from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2023 3:01 PM in response to LupeLeija

If you each use your own Apple ID, nothing is shared unless you explicitly share it. Also see the following from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

iCloud sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.