Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Connect my Macbook Air, with Apple M2 to two external displays?

I'm having a hard time extending my Macbook Air to more than one external monitor. I've purchased a $139 Belkin Mini Doc with 2 HDMI ports but it only recognizes one monitor. Is this not supported on the M2 chip?

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 4:45 PM

danmcd0913 wrote:

I'm having a hard time extending my Macbook Air to more than one external monitor. I've purchased a $139 Belkin Mini Doc with 2 HDMI ports but it only recognizes one monitor. Is this not supported on the M2 chip?

Check the specifications for the Macbook Air M2: MacBook Air 13- and 15-inch with M2 - Tech Specs - Apple

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz"

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2023 4:45 PM in response to danmcd0913

danmcd0913 wrote:

Check the specifications for the Macbook Air M2: MacBook Air 13- and 15-inch with M2 - Tech Specs - Apple

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz"

Connect my Macbook Air, with Apple M2 to two external displays?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.