Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How can I set my iPhone to turn on automatically at certain time?

I found out how to turn off iPhone at certain time using automation. However I can’t figure out how to get it to turn on automatically.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 2:23 AM

Domsto wrote:

...I can’t figure out how to get it to turn on automatically.

I don't think any option exists to run Automation while the iPhone is in shut down condition.

Suggestions and Feedback for improvements --> Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."

1. Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.
  2. Feedback - iPhone - Apple

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 2:23 AM in response to Domsto

Domsto wrote:

...I can’t figure out how to get it to turn on automatically.

I don't think any option exists to run Automation while the iPhone is in shut down condition.

Suggestions and Feedback for improvements --> Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."

1. Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.
  2. Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Sep 11, 2023 4:39 AM in response to Domsto

An understandable point of confusion.

Offline Finding works by using your phone’s intermittent bluetooth beacon; coupled with the GPS and FindMy network data transmission path of another iPhone.

(The intermittent beacon being one of those “low level” background processes previously mentioned)

Effectively, your phone is located in the same manner as an AirTag is located.

See more detail here:

Using Find My to locate missing Apple devices – Apple Support (AU)

Sep 11, 2023 4:22 AM in response to Domsto

Re: “… Ridiculous! …”

”Off” means “Off” (No major processing, no transmitting, no receiving) - although yes; some low-level background processes ARE still running.

If what you really desire is “mostly off” … suggest you might see if manipulation of Airplane Mode could meet your needs (w/ Mobile, WiFi, and Bluetooth all off)

Sep 11, 2023 4:26 AM in response to Chattanoogan

”Off” means “Off

Does it? As I said. If thing like “Find My” can work, which needs to use GPS, WiFi or Data. Why couldn’t a simple timer to turn on your phone?

What I desire is to have phone completely shut down, then turn on before the alarm starts.

Since the complete shutdown is already impossible, it is indeed ridiculous to prevent users from setting up timer for turning on the phone.

How can I set my iPhone to turn on automatically at certain time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.