Since 13.5.2 Update Magic Keyboard is not connecting - checked BT and Charge for Keyboard..help!!

I was out of town last week and came back to a Ventura 13.5.2 for my iMac. Since the update the Magic Keyboard is not connecting, but other Bluetooth connections (mouse) continue to work. Not sure if the issues is coincidence with the update, but my keyboard worked great before. I have charged the keyboard, made sure the bluetooth is on, restarted my computer (and keyboard on/off), and searched Google for other tips or tricks. Looking for guidance from anyone else that might help me understand why the Magic Keyboard will no longer connect?

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 12:01 PM

I figured it out... I was charging the keyboard when trying to connect. As soon as I unplugged the keyboard it connected no problem. Not sure why the keyboard does not connect while charging... but that seems to have fixed the problem. I will charge when not using the keyboard. Thanks!

Similar questions

2 replies

Since 13.5.2 Update Magic Keyboard is not connecting - checked BT and Charge for Keyboard..help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.