Use iPad App on Mac

Hi,

Supposedly it is possible to use iPad apps on Macs with Apple Chips ( https://appleinsider.com/inside/macos-monterey/tips/how-to-run-ios-apps-on-macos-monterey-in-2022 )

However, when I try to find the app I want to run, it is not listed in the apps that I purchased, even though on my iPhone it is definitely an App that I have downloaded and installed (the App is free, so technically I did not "purchase" it, but other free apps do show up on my list on Mac) Why would that be? How can I find that app? (I do have 2 different Apple IDs but it does not show up under either ID)

See screenshot from the iPhone, and screenshot of the AppStore on Mac, where I am looking for the app:

iPhone:

Mac:

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 11:12 AM

It is up to the developer of the app whether to allow it to be used on Apple Silicon Macs. Some developers do not allow it. Some who do allow it do not test their apps thoroughly on the Mac, or do not program their apps to adjust their user interfaces to work well on Macs (given the big difference in user interface affordances).

For instance, the developers of Affinity Photo V2 have a Mac version designed with Macs in mind, so they don’t let you run the iPad version of Affinity Photo V2 on the Mac, although the two versions can work with the same data.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 11:12 AM in response to Markus Bohunovsky

It is up to the developer of the app whether to allow it to be used on Apple Silicon Macs. Some developers do not allow it. Some who do allow it do not test their apps thoroughly on the Mac, or do not program their apps to adjust their user interfaces to work well on Macs (given the big difference in user interface affordances).

For instance, the developers of Affinity Photo V2 have a Mac version designed with Macs in mind, so they don’t let you run the iPad version of Affinity Photo V2 on the Mac, although the two versions can work with the same data.

Use iPad App on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.