Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to tell if clock alarm has been set

Hi - ios16 I cannot figure out a way to see if I have set a clock alarm without either going to the control center or actually opening the clock app.

Is there any way to get the clock alarm icon in your top right screen where the power is?

Any other place you can get the clock alarm icon to show that alarm has been set?

Thank you

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 11:04 AM

There is a "Next Alarm" widget for the Lock Screen. Note that it will only show the next alarm today. For example, I have no more alarms set until tomorrow morning so I don't see any.

Create a custom iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

No, Apple doesn't read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 11:04 AM in response to Applesupportman

There is a "Next Alarm" widget for the Lock Screen. Note that it will only show the next alarm today. For example, I have no more alarms set until tomorrow morning so I don't see any.

Create a custom iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

No, Apple doesn't read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Sep 11, 2023 10:44 AM in response to Applesupportman

Applesupportman wrote:

Hi - ios16 I cannot figure out a way to see if I have set a clock alarm without either going to the control center or actually opening the clock app.
Is there any way to get the clock alarm icon in your top right screen where the power is?
Any other place you can get the clock alarm icon to show that alarm has been set?

Thank you

No there is no other place, you can only find out by the following methods that you've already describe.

Sep 14, 2023 3:32 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

OK, so I’ve set up the widget, it is exactly what I wanted, thank you again for all your help and quick responses.

One thing I noticed, when I click on the widget, it takes me right to the clock app on my phone, and then I close that app, and I have access to my whole phone. Without Face ID and without passcode.

This is not what I want, as anyone who grabs my phone and click on the widget would then have access to the whole phone.

Is there a way to have the alarm widget on the lock screen but keep the phone locked?

Sep 14, 2023 6:36 AM in response to Applesupportman

Applesupportman wrote:

One thing I noticed, when I click on the widget, it takes me right to the clock app on my phone, and then I close that app, and I have access to my whole phone. Without Face ID and without passcode.

You were looking at the phone when you tapped on the widget, right? Therefore, FaceID was used.

This is not what I want, as anyone who grabs my phone and click on the widget would then have access to the whole phone.

No, they won't. You can test this by having someone else try to do the same thing.

Is there a way to have the alarm widget on the lock screen but keep the phone locked?

As noted above, the phone is still locked.

How to tell if clock alarm has been set

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.