I accidentally deleted something on my phone and would like to try to recover it by restoring my phone to its last iCloud backup. How do I I do that with my phone?

I accidentally deleted my drafts folder in one of my apps, when I removed it from my phone and reinstalled it from my iCloud.

I would like to refresh my iCloud with my mast backup that has the saved drafts on it.

it is said to have worked for others.

How do I restart my iCloud with it last back up?

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 12:05 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 12, 2023 9:24 AM in response to youguysareawesome

Hello youguysareawesome,

Please check out this link which explains what iCloud backups include: What does iCloud back up?

What iCloud Backup includes

Your iPhone and iPad backups include all the information and settings stored on your device that don't already sync to iCloud.

Device settings, Home Screen layout, and app organization

When you restore from an iCloud backup, things like your device settings, your Home Screen layout, and app organization are also restored. 

Other on-device information

Any purchased Ringtones and your Visual Voicemail password (which requires the SIM card that was in use during backup) are also included in your iCloud Backup. 

Apple Watch backups 

Your Apple Watch backup is included in the backup of your iPhone or iPad.

Photos, videos, messages, and app data

If you don't use services like Messages in iCloud or iCloud Photos, the information below is stored in your iCloud Backup to ensure that it's also protected. 

iMessage, text (SMS), and MMS messages

If you haven't turned on Messages in iCloud, your messages are included in iCloud Backup. If you use Messages in iCloud, your messages automatically sync to iCloud so they aren’t included in your daily backup.

Photos and videos on your iPhone or iPad

If you haven’t turned on iCloud Photos, iCloud Backup may include photos and videos in your Photos or Camera Roll. When you use iCloud Photos, your photos and videos automatically sync to iCloud so they aren’t included in your daily backup.

App data 

iCloud Backup includes app data for the apps that you've downloaded on your device. This includes data for third-party social media apps, games, and messaging apps, as well as apps from Apple that don't sync with iCloud. 

If the app uses iCloud Drive to store data, that information is stored in iCloud instead of your iCloud Backup. 

If you want to restore your device from an iCloud backup, please check out this link which will guide you through that process: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Restore your device from an iCloud backup

1. Turn on your device. You should see a Hello screen. If you already set up your device, you need to erase all of its content before you can use these steps to restore from your backup.
2. Follow the onscreen setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup. 
An iPhone showing the Apps & Data screen with the first option, Restore from an iCloud Backup, selected.
3. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
4. Choose a backup. Look at the date and size of each and pick the most relevant. After you choose a backup, the transfer starts. If a message says that a newer version of software is required, follow the onscreen steps to update. If you don't see onscreen steps to help you update, learn what to do.
5. When asked, sign in with your Apple ID to restore your apps and purchases. If you've purchased iTunes or App Store content using multiple Apple IDs, you'll be asked to sign in to each. If you can't remember your password, you can tap Skip this Step and sign in later. You won't be able to use the apps until you sign in with your Apple ID.
6. Stay connected to Wi-Fi and wait for a progress bar to appear and complete. Depending on the size of the backup and the network speed, the progress bar might need a few minutes to an hour to complete. If you disconnect from Wi-Fi too soon, the progress will pause until you reconnect.
An iPhone showing the Restore from iCloud screen with a progress bar. It says the time remaining is about 20 minutes.
7. Now you can finish setup and enjoy your device. Content like your apps, photos, music, and other information will continue to restore in the background for the next several hours or days, depending on the amount of information there is. Try to connect often to Wi-Fi and power to let the process complete.

Get help with restoring from your iCloud backup.

Thanks!

I accidentally deleted something on my phone and would like to try to recover it by restoring my phone to its last iCloud backup. How do I I do that with my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.