My Yahoo Notes have disappeared from my iPad and iPhone

yahoo notes have disappeared on my iPad and iPhone 13

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 2:03 AM

I have been having a heart attack because some of my most important notes have gone missing! So glad I found this forum because I realized the ones missing are yahoo notes and just like was mentioned, signing in to Yahoo finds them there. Please apple, fix this immediately!

31 replies

Sep 11, 2023 6:52 PM in response to orzman

My notes disappeared, too. I signed in to my Yahoo Mail account on Safari. I scrolled through the alphabetized mailboxes and found a mailbox called Notes. In it are all of my missing notes that had been created on my iPad/iPhone and saved through Yahoo. This cannot be done in the mail app on the phone.

Sep 11, 2023 6:54 PM in response to orzman

Try deleting the yahoo account under settings /mail /accounts. Restart the device. Re-add the account & notes in settings /mail /accounts /add account - add back the yahoo account and make sure notes is toggled on. If the notes do not come back you should contact yahoo for them to fix. In the meantime use yahoo mail to use you yahoo notes.

Sep 11, 2023 11:09 PM in response to orzman

The notes are still in your Yahoo account so they still exist. If you have access to a computer, try logging into to Yahoo account via a browser and you will find them. There seems to be a problem with syncing with Apple at the moment and besides the usual actions (delete & re-add account), the solution may have to be to wait for Yahoo/Apple to fix.

In the meantime, you can download the Yahoo Mail app which also provides access to your notes.

Sep 12, 2023 10:19 AM in response to orzman

My mom contacted me this morning saying she's lost Notes and needs them back.

I checked my Notes app and find I'm missing MANY notes, some not accessed in a long time, but still needed. I now have 4 Notes and used to have 12+. My device is iPhone 12 and recently installed update 16.6.1.

What is going on and how can we recover them? I've tried all the suggestions on web, none bring them back. Both of us had our Notes tied to our yahoo.com email accounts, not iCloud.

Sep 12, 2023 11:09 AM in response to orzman

Just spent 2+ hours texting apple support, who ultimately had a rep call me. I was explaining that hundreds of my notes had disappeared (only 22 remain). The rep politely cut me off and said they had just learned that all the apple customers with this issue were yahoo users and that their team had just been communicating with Yahoo who said they are working on the issue and expect a fix soon.

My Yahoo Notes have disappeared from my iPad and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.