Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Missing notes, but visible in email.

I had all my notes yesterday and today 5 are missing. I can see them in my Yahoo email app but not in the notes folder. There is no deleted folder to recover them from. Tried restarting. Nothing. How does this happen and how can I find my missing notes?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 5:01 PM

Ptowngrdnr Said:

"Missing notes, but visible in email.: I had all my notes yesterday and today 5 are missing. I can see them in my Yahoo email app but not in the notes folder. There is no deleted folder to recover them from. Tried restarting. Nothing. How does this happen and how can I find my missing notes?"

-------

Recovering Missing Notes:

Here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup. Note that the iOS backup version must be of the same version as what is installed.

C. Getting Notes from iPhone Backups:

You Can't: Notes are not stored in iCloud.

• Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,[...]"

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 5:01 PM in response to Ptowngrdnr

Ptowngrdnr Said:

"Missing notes, but visible in email.: I had all my notes yesterday and today 5 are missing. I can see them in my Yahoo email app but not in the notes folder. There is no deleted folder to recover them from. Tried restarting. Nothing. How does this happen and how can I find my missing notes?"

-------

Recovering Missing Notes:

Here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup. Note that the iOS backup version must be of the same version as what is installed.

C. Getting Notes from iPhone Backups:

You Can't: Notes are not stored in iCloud.

• Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,[...]"

Missing notes, but visible in email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.