Arabic Keyboard on Laptop

I just unboxed my new laptop and put has Arabic characters on the keyboard. I totally do not need or want this - are all keyboards like this now? I didn't choose or want this - it's very distracting as I do not speak or write in anything other than English.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 2:20 AM

tiffany manning wrote:

I just unboxed my new laptop and put has Arabic characters on the keyboard. I totally do not need or want this - are all keyboards like this now? I didn't choose or want this

Where exactly did you buy this machine? When you buy from Apple, you have to choose which language keyboard you want (they make a couple dozen different ones), and depending on where you are, Arabic can be difficult or impossible to get. In any case, you need to contact the store directly yourself for a refund/return.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 2:20 AM in response to tiffany manning

tiffany manning wrote:

I just unboxed my new laptop and put has Arabic characters on the keyboard. I totally do not need or want this - are all keyboards like this now? I didn't choose or want this

Where exactly did you buy this machine? When you buy from Apple, you have to choose which language keyboard you want (they make a couple dozen different ones), and depending on where you are, Arabic can be difficult or impossible to get. In any case, you need to contact the store directly yourself for a refund/return.

Arabic Keyboard on Laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.