Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to recover missing Notes after iOS 16.6.1 Update

I went to my notes to add a note and it just gone in front Of my eyes, no reason i did nothing they just gone, i updated to latest version still not back what to do please😢

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 3:32 AM

This happened to me yesterday afternoon. As I was viewing my notes, chunks of it started to disappear in front of my eyes. Now I don’t have any notes that are linked to Yahoo listed on my phone app. I have been able to access them though email but not sure how to restore it back into my iPhone Notes app.

Not sure how helpful this will be but, if you’re missing notes from yahoo, you may be able to access/ view them by signing into your yahoo email account through your browser and selecting “Notes” on the left bar of options. In my case, since I have a bunch of folders, mine is listed alphabetically in a folder titled “notes” in the “MY FOLDERS” section on the left hand side of my screen. Refer to photo. Hope this can help anyone who needs to access their notes.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 3:32 AM in response to sabra19

This happened to me yesterday afternoon. As I was viewing my notes, chunks of it started to disappear in front of my eyes. Now I don’t have any notes that are linked to Yahoo listed on my phone app. I have been able to access them though email but not sure how to restore it back into my iPhone Notes app.

Not sure how helpful this will be but, if you’re missing notes from yahoo, you may be able to access/ view them by signing into your yahoo email account through your browser and selecting “Notes” on the left bar of options. In my case, since I have a bunch of folders, mine is listed alphabetically in a folder titled “notes” in the “MY FOLDERS” section on the left hand side of my screen. Refer to photo. Hope this can help anyone who needs to access their notes.

Sep 11, 2023 11:04 PM in response to sabra19

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The recently deleted folder will exist only if you deleted Notes from iCloud or from the "On My Phone" Folder. Deletion from other Folders does not use Recently Deleted Sub-Folder.

Please see the following pic which is self-explanatory

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Sep 13, 2023 3:12 AM in response to Kirbybc

Yes, mine are back! It makes one wonder about security. I had installed the latest update which was to prevent a intrusion and you had not. I am concerned that their “fix” may not be working. This is just very odd. Thank you for your help and fingers crossed all data is safe. Apple really should be investigating the cause. I hear the next update (17) may have some flaws and I may turn off auto updates until I watch the discussions on how it effects phones. Thanks again!

How to recover missing Notes after iOS 16.6.1 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.