Apple TV subscription

I have an Apple TV+ subscription, downloaded the app on google tv, but I cannot watch any episodes after the first one. Why please? What can I do?

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 11:16 AM

No problem.

The first episode doesn't require any subscription, its available to any user as a way to preview a show before signing up, that is why I wanted to make sure you still had an active subscription.

You should also check that the app has properly been logged in with that same account (it's not automatic), otherwise you won't be able to access that subscription. If it was already logged in you can try signing out and log in again.

Apple TV Plus can be accessed on any device that has the Apple TV app. However, casting can only be done via airplay. This means sending from an Apple device, to a smart TV (with airplay support), Roku, or Apple TV box.

To see the full list of supported devices

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple (EG)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 11:16 AM in response to Ayoodot

No problem.

The first episode doesn't require any subscription, its available to any user as a way to preview a show before signing up, that is why I wanted to make sure you still had an active subscription.

You should also check that the app has properly been logged in with that same account (it's not automatic), otherwise you won't be able to access that subscription. If it was already logged in you can try signing out and log in again.

Apple TV Plus can be accessed on any device that has the Apple TV app. However, casting can only be done via airplay. This means sending from an Apple device, to a smart TV (with airplay support), Roku, or Apple TV box.

To see the full list of supported devices

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple (EG)

Sep 12, 2023 10:57 AM in response to vazandrew

Thanks a lot vazandrew. Yes my subscription is active and as you stated, I have been able to watch the 1st episodes.

It’s that the remaining episodes refer me to my other devices. I had thought with the subscription I should be able to watch on the smart tv app or cast via google tv chrome cast.

Once again thanks for your help.

Apple TV subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.