You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just purchased a new Apple Watch. After charging overnight it is unresponsive. The only symbol is a lightening symbol and the digital time. Nothing else happens.

I purchased a new Apple Watch yesterday and it was set up for me in the local Apple Store. It was synched to my iPone and it worked fine. I charged it overnight and this morning it is unresponsive. I see only a lightening symbol and the digital time for a few seconds and can not get it to display the apps or anything.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 8:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 10:08 AM

First force restart the watch. i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while the Watch is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If still no watch face reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2023 10:08 AM in response to GenUCI1941

First force restart the watch. i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

Then while the Watch is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If still no watch face reach out to Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

I just purchased a new Apple Watch. After charging overnight it is unresponsive. The only symbol is a lightening symbol and the digital time. Nothing else happens.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.