Finding an app notification

Is there a way to find a notification after I have tapped on it

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 10:41 AM

Hello ldpg33,

Once a notification has been tapped or opened, it should bring to the app responsible for that alert. It will dismiss the notification, since it's already been managed or handled by the user.

Review the following on iOS 13 Notifications: View and respond to notifications on iPhone

Dismiss, clear, and manage notifications

* Handle a notification you receive while using another app: Pull it down to view it, then swipe up to dismiss it.

* Clear notifications: Swipe left over the notification or group of notifications, then tap Clear or Clear All.

* Send notifications directly to Notification Center: Swipe left over the notification or group of notifications, tap Manage, then tap Deliver Quietly. This prevents notifications from this app or group from appearing on the Lock screen, playing a sound, lighting up the screen, or presenting a banner.

* To see and hear these notifications again, swipe left on a notification in Notification Center, tap Manage, then tap Deliver Prominently.

* Turn off notifications for an app or notification group: Swipe left on a notification or group of notifications, tap Manage, then tap Turn Off.

* Change how an app displays notifications: Swipe left on a notification, tap Manage, tap Settings, then choose an option. You can choose whether to allow notifications from the app, where the notifications appear (in Notification Center, for example), whether to play an alert sound, and so on.

* Clear all your notifications in Notification Center: Tap the Clear Notifications button, then tap Clear.
When you haven’t used an app for a while, Siri suggests that you turn off notifications for that app.

Hoping this helps out.

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2023 10:41 AM in response to ldpg33

Hello ldpg33,

Once a notification has been tapped or opened, it should bring to the app responsible for that alert. It will dismiss the notification, since it's already been managed or handled by the user.

Review the following on iOS 13 Notifications: View and respond to notifications on iPhone

Dismiss, clear, and manage notifications

* Handle a notification you receive while using another app: Pull it down to view it, then swipe up to dismiss it.

* Clear notifications: Swipe left over the notification or group of notifications, then tap Clear or Clear All.

* Send notifications directly to Notification Center: Swipe left over the notification or group of notifications, tap Manage, then tap Deliver Quietly. This prevents notifications from this app or group from appearing on the Lock screen, playing a sound, lighting up the screen, or presenting a banner.

* To see and hear these notifications again, swipe left on a notification in Notification Center, tap Manage, then tap Deliver Prominently.

* Turn off notifications for an app or notification group: Swipe left on a notification or group of notifications, tap Manage, then tap Turn Off.

* Change how an app displays notifications: Swipe left on a notification, tap Manage, tap Settings, then choose an option. You can choose whether to allow notifications from the app, where the notifications appear (in Notification Center, for example), whether to play an alert sound, and so on.

* Clear all your notifications in Notification Center: Tap the Clear Notifications button, then tap Clear.
When you haven’t used an app for a while, Siri suggests that you turn off notifications for that app.

Hoping this helps out.

Take care.

Sep 13, 2023 11:36 AM in response to ldpg33

I have never seen manage when swiping either way, just open for right, and clear, mute, or turn off for left. The one I wanted to find I had swiped right to open, looked it for a minute and saw something else I wanted to read.

Once I have opened the message/notification, I have never been able to find/see it again…..

Finding an app notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.