Can I use my charging adapter with my iPhone 11 Pro with the cord that will come with the 15 pro max?

Will I be able to use the charger from my iPhone 11 Pro on the new iPhone 15 Pro Max? Will I need some sort of adapter to use it?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 3:14 PM

There are three connectors involved here. There is Lightning, USB-C, and USB-A.

The Lightning connector and cable is used with all recent iPhone models, prior to iPhone 15.

iPhone 15 uses USB-C.

The USB-C connector is a smaller and rounded metal connection, while the USB-A is bigger and rectangular.

The other end of the common Apple Lightning cable is either USB-A or USB-C.

You won’t be able to reuse the same cable, but you may be able to re-use the charger.

The new cable will be USB-C on both ends.

What’s your charger? USB-A, or USB-C?

If it’s USB-C, it’ll almost certainly work.

If USB-A, it’ll likely work, but Apple AFAIK hasn’t yet confirmed that.

If you don’t want cables, a Qi wireless charger of 7.5 watts or better will work with both.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 3:14 PM in response to cnrrrrr

There are three connectors involved here. There is Lightning, USB-C, and USB-A.

The Lightning connector and cable is used with all recent iPhone models, prior to iPhone 15.

iPhone 15 uses USB-C.

The USB-C connector is a smaller and rounded metal connection, while the USB-A is bigger and rectangular.

The other end of the common Apple Lightning cable is either USB-A or USB-C.

You won’t be able to reuse the same cable, but you may be able to re-use the charger.

The new cable will be USB-C on both ends.

What’s your charger? USB-A, or USB-C?

If it’s USB-C, it’ll almost certainly work.

If USB-A, it’ll likely work, but Apple AFAIK hasn’t yet confirmed that.

If you don’t want cables, a Qi wireless charger of 7.5 watts or better will work with both.

Can I use my charging adapter with my iPhone 11 Pro with the cord that will come with the 15 pro max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.