error connecting

when i type in my apple id to log in to my new mac pro, there have promt out "there was an error connecting to icloud"

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 12:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 10:45 PM

"error connecting: when i type in my apple id to log in to my new mac pro, there have promt out 'there was an error connecting to icloud'"

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Login:

There seems to be an issue connecting to Apple's servers. So, refer to the following. If of no success, then try later on. Report back the results.

A. Close All Apps:

Close all apps, and try this once more. Use Force Quit for this. See if this applications open. If that is the case, save what need be (if possible), and then Force Quit. Attempt this once more.

1. Go To: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: An Item Ending in: “Not Responding
  4. Click: Force Quit button

B. Restart the Mac:

Shut down to Mac for 30 seconds, and then boot up login in normally

C. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, attempt another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

D. Ethernet Adapter:

If you have the availability, then connect using Ethernet. This would be an adapter to use: The Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

E. Restart the Modem:

Power off you modem for 30 seconds by unplugging it. Power it back on, performing all of the above, once more.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2023 10:45 PM in response to Jacquelinetan

"error connecting: when i type in my apple id to log in to my new mac pro, there have promt out 'there was an error connecting to icloud'"

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Login:

There seems to be an issue connecting to Apple's servers. So, refer to the following. If of no success, then try later on. Report back the results.

A. Close All Apps:

Close all apps, and try this once more. Use Force Quit for this. See if this applications open. If that is the case, save what need be (if possible), and then Force Quit. Attempt this once more.

1. Go To: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: An Item Ending in: “Not Responding
  4. Click: Force Quit button

B. Restart the Mac:

Shut down to Mac for 30 seconds, and then boot up login in normally

C. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, attempt another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

D. Ethernet Adapter:

If you have the availability, then connect using Ethernet. This would be an adapter to use: The Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

E. Restart the Modem:

Power off you modem for 30 seconds by unplugging it. Power it back on, performing all of the above, once more.

error connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.