Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I have a new ipod that I want to transfer my I-Tunes Library to - what is the best way to do this?

I have purchased a new IPod to replace my old one. Do I need to backup the old one on my computer even though my song library is already on I-Tunes?

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 1:03 AM

aavargo wrote:

Do I need to backup the old one on my computer even though my song library is already on I-Tunes?

No, not if your iTunes Library has everything in it.

However, recommended practice is to make and maintain a backup of your iTunes Library in case your computer fails. It's not a simple process to recover music from an iPod.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 1:03 AM in response to aavargo

aavargo wrote:

Do I need to backup the old one on my computer even though my song library is already on I-Tunes?

No, not if your iTunes Library has everything in it.

However, recommended practice is to make and maintain a backup of your iTunes Library in case your computer fails. It's not a simple process to recover music from an iPod.

I have a new ipod that I want to transfer my I-Tunes Library to - what is the best way to do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.