Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Safari not working on my iPhone

Maybe your safari is not updated.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 7:17 AM

Same. iOS phone user here. Safari is populating a blank user interface. Have tried everything. I’ve cleared all cookie/data/cache and closed tabs - at least 3 dozen times from within the app and inside settings for ALL profiles. Made sure iCloud wasn't sharing with any other device. Turned off Safari in iCloud. Turned on Safari in iCloud. Turned it off again (not a fan of syncing what I can’t see.) Restarted multiple times. Hard restart. Even tried emergency reset. Checked all display settings to be sure it wasn’t some accessibility setting for the screen. After pushing off my desire to sink (not sync) this phone in the toilet - and continued to trouble shoot… I did find if I shift to “night mode” I can view search results when holding down screen (useless but indicates UI bug). Can highlight, cut, copy and paste - information I can’t see. Apple needs to fix this. Bum 17 and 17.0.1 update is my deductive reasoning. 🚽

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 7:17 AM in response to rosele160

Same. iOS phone user here. Safari is populating a blank user interface. Have tried everything. I’ve cleared all cookie/data/cache and closed tabs - at least 3 dozen times from within the app and inside settings for ALL profiles. Made sure iCloud wasn't sharing with any other device. Turned off Safari in iCloud. Turned on Safari in iCloud. Turned it off again (not a fan of syncing what I can’t see.) Restarted multiple times. Hard restart. Even tried emergency reset. Checked all display settings to be sure it wasn’t some accessibility setting for the screen. After pushing off my desire to sink (not sync) this phone in the toilet - and continued to trouble shoot… I did find if I shift to “night mode” I can view search results when holding down screen (useless but indicates UI bug). Can highlight, cut, copy and paste - information I can’t see. Apple needs to fix this. Bum 17 and 17.0.1 update is my deductive reasoning. 🚽

Safari not working on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.