Trade-In and Purchase Options for Apple's USB-C AirPod Cases?

Hey Apple, huge fan. I have a question. Given that Apple is committed to the environment, I'm curious about a few things. Will there be initiatives to accept trade-ins for the Lightning AirPod Cases? Can the USB-C case be purchased separately? And will this USB-C case be compatible with the AirPods I already purchased that came with a Lightning case? I've seen that in-store, the Case, Left, and Right Pods can each be bought for $90. Does this mean the USB-C case will also be sold individually? Or will I need to by a whole new set?

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 4:35 PM

So the USB-C case will be compatible with the buds from the lightning model I’ve already purchased?

4 replies

Sep 14, 2023 3:30 PM in response to NESDUB

Hello NESDUB,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We'd be happy to get your questions answered. AirPods are not an eligible item for the trade-in program but Apple can recycle them for free. For more information, check this out:

Apple Trade In

In the meantime, you can purchase an AirPods USB-C case separately here: AirPods Replacement, Repair, & Service

You can get estimate by making your selections at the bottom of the link above.

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Trade-In and Purchase Options for Apple's USB-C AirPod Cases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.