Virus pop up notice from Apple on iphone 14

iPhone 14 - iOS 16.6.1

Urgent notice from Apple popped up on my phone stating it (along with all my Apple devices) was infected with 19 viruses received from corrupt websites.

Instructed to click on tab, which I did not do. I was in safari at the time of the notice. There was a link to "safaridead" website. Again, did not click on link.

Is this legit? If so, how do I fix?

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 1:02 AM

Re: Virus pop up notice from Apple on iphone 14 : I was in safari at the time of the notice

If you feel suspicious about the pop-up notice while you were on Safari, there's likely good reason to feel that way!

Apple support have an article online that may be helpful:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 1:02 AM in response to K9E-qB4

Re: Virus pop up notice from Apple on iphone 14 : I was in safari at the time of the notice

If you feel suspicious about the pop-up notice while you were on Safari, there's likely good reason to feel that way!

Apple support have an article online that may be helpful:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Virus pop up notice from Apple on iphone 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.