can you transfer phone data with just a lightning to usb-c cable on the new iPhone 15?

With the new iPhone 15's can you use the lightning to usb-c cable that my current phone has to transfer all of the data to the new phone by just plugging in the lightning connector to the 14 and the usb-c end to the 15, similar to what you can do to a goodie/android device?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2024 5:34 AM

So I have tested this out and it does work, if you are transfer data from an iPhone with a lightning port to one with a USB-C port you can use a single USB-c to lightning cable to transfer data from the lightning phone to the usb-c phone if you don’t have an iCloud backup.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2024 5:34 AM in response to Leagen

So I have tested this out and it does work, if you are transfer data from an iPhone with a lightning port to one with a USB-C port you can use a single USB-c to lightning cable to transfer data from the lightning phone to the usb-c phone if you don’t have an iCloud backup.

Sep 14, 2023 7:31 AM in response to SravanKrA

Please read the question in detail as this is not in regards to what port the phone has, I already know and understand that. The question was could you transfer phone data by using the lightning to USB-c cable, plugging in the usb-c end to the iPhone 15 and the lightning end to the 14 or do you still need the camera kit to do it?

Sep 14, 2023 7:36 AM in response to Leagen

There is a mismatch between the Title and the body of the post.

To transfer data from an iPhone 14 to an iPhone 15, you will need to use one of the following methods:

• Quick Start: This is the easiest and most convenient way to transfer your data. To use Quick Start, both iPhones must be running iOS 16 or later, and they must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to transfer your data.
  • iCloud: If you have iCloud enabled on your iPhone 14, you can transfer your data to your iPhone 15 by signing in to iCloud on your new phone. Most of your data will be transferred automatically, but you may need to manually download some apps and data.
  • Finder or iTunes: You can also use Finder on a Mac or iTunes on a Windows PC to transfer data from your iPhone 14 to your iPhone 15. To do this, connect both iPhones to your computer using a Lightning-to-USB cable. Then, open Finder or iTunes and select your iPhone 15. Click the "Restore Backup" button and select the backup of your iPhone 14.

can you transfer phone data with just a lightning to usb-c cable on the new iPhone 15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.