Copying photos from iPhone

How can I copy photos from my iPhone to my iMac without going through the recommended back-up method?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 2:39 AM

Another possibility is Image Capture.

Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac - Apple Support

iCloud Photos is the most convenient way – if you have enough storage space on iCloud, and on each device (iPhone, Mac). You add photos on one device, and they show up on the other.

4 replies

Sep 20, 2023 8:57 PM in response to Servant of Cats

Thank you! Image Capture is what I used previously but for some reason, I’m not able to view all photos on my iPhone. The reason I don’t want to sync via iCloud is that I have photos on my iMac that I don’t want to lose.

I’m ok keep tinkering with Image Capture as that worked well in the past but I still wonder if there’s a better way.

Sep 21, 2023 7:48 AM in response to chpotts

If you are worried about losing photos in iCloud you can enable iCloud and install Amazon Photos and Google Photos on your iPhone, these can be set to synchronise your photos so you will have three independent copies of your photos. When you install these on your iMac you can access the photos from there too. I do this and it works seamlessly.

Copying photos from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.