Apps in Launchpad keep moving on their own

Launchpad apps keep moving, on their own since a couple of days ago

Sometimes even the page numbers switch. for example the default first page switches with the second page but when I kill dock in terminal, the pages come back to normal, but the arrangement of the apps are still random and every time I turn on the Mac, the apps randomize in the launchpad(only for the first page)

this happens in safe boot too

why is this happening?

(sorry if I had mistakes. English is not my first language)

Mac mini

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 3:44 AM

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster. 

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. 

What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

1 - Disk Cleaner 

This will include CleanMyMac , aka “ BrickMyMac

Read some of the posting and arrive at your own conclusions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 3:44 AM in response to arad88

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS,  is an invitation for disaster. 

Certain Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store - this only means the Developer is prepared to pay Apple a portion on each sale. 

What the Application may do to the computer is up to the User to check this out before purchase

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

1 - Disk Cleaner 

This will include CleanMyMac , aka “ BrickMyMac

Read some of the posting and arrive at your own conclusions.

Apps in Launchpad keep moving on their own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.