Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Request Refund of a payment made by Apple Pay

I have made a purchase on online store, but it seems from their instagram that they are not sending any orders yet they accept the money, I made the payment via Apple Pay and want to request a refund, how do I do that?

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 6:45 AM

That’s basically all you can do. Many people are under the assumption that Apple approves and pays merchants. Apple can’t do that. All Apple does, is in a very secure manner, transmit data between merchant and the card issuer (bank). The bank approved the transaction and any refund or compensation will come from the bank or Mastercard, Visa, Am/Ex etc. All the major networks offer fraud protection etc. However, fraud may be difficult to prove if the merchant filed bankruptcy.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 6:45 AM in response to appleuser1838

That’s basically all you can do. Many people are under the assumption that Apple approves and pays merchants. Apple can’t do that. All Apple does, is in a very secure manner, transmit data between merchant and the card issuer (bank). The bank approved the transaction and any refund or compensation will come from the bank or Mastercard, Visa, Am/Ex etc. All the major networks offer fraud protection etc. However, fraud may be difficult to prove if the merchant filed bankruptcy.

Request Refund of a payment made by Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.