Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

I am not getting an email from a specific sender but yet getting numerous other emails. It is not showing up in my junk. How can I fix this. The emails are from my daughters college so they are important and not spam

I am not receiving emails from one sender but receive (at least I think ) many other emails per day to my iCloud email (me.com). They are from my daughters college and they are important.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 12:37 AM

Hi kdswim,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "I am not getting an email from a specific sender : they are important and not spam"

Wondering if you need to check that the college has your current, correct, email address.

Eg: If not, the emails would likely be returned as "undeliverable" to the college.

You could check that the college email address is listed on a card in your Contacts app.

It is possible messages from people not listed in your contacts could be blocked or hidden

ie: using a setting, a filter, or a "rule".

Else: you might want to check through the Mailboxes you have ... eg: once found some valuable emails that were addressed to multiple people were ending up in a folder called "Bulk"

... if you have more than one email account ... there may be extra "Bin" or "spam" folders besides the usual "junk" folder to check.

You could also try a search of your email for messages from the college to see if you find them:

Search for emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

All the best :-)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2023 12:37 AM in response to kdswim

Hi kdswim,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "I am not getting an email from a specific sender : they are important and not spam"

Wondering if you need to check that the college has your current, correct, email address.

Eg: If not, the emails would likely be returned as "undeliverable" to the college.

You could check that the college email address is listed on a card in your Contacts app.

It is possible messages from people not listed in your contacts could be blocked or hidden

ie: using a setting, a filter, or a "rule".

Else: you might want to check through the Mailboxes you have ... eg: once found some valuable emails that were addressed to multiple people were ending up in a folder called "Bulk"

... if you have more than one email account ... there may be extra "Bin" or "spam" folders besides the usual "junk" folder to check.

You could also try a search of your email for messages from the college to see if you find them:

Search for emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Sep 16, 2023 12:55 AM in response to kdswim

It's possible that the college's email ISP has been added to an anti-spam filter for some reason. This can happen if, for instance, they have been sending out a lot of bulk emails which can look like spam to some of the filters. Given it's start of term this could be happening. If you can you should temporarily remove any spam filtering you have on your email account and see if that helps.

I am not getting an email from a specific sender but yet getting numerous other emails. It is not showing up in my junk. How can I fix this. The emails are from my daughters college so they are important and not spam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.