macOS ventura automatically opening folders I mouseover when moving files

How to get macOS ventura to open folders automatically I mouseover when moving files ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 10:16 AM

9 replies

Sep 16, 2023 9:45 AM in response to Gefe23

Try toggling Spring-loading off and on a coupe of times and then check.

If the above doesn't help give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Sep 16, 2023 5:53 AM in response to Gefe23

No, I want to activate Spring Loading. But neither of the 2 methods (pressing the space bar and/or activating the Pointer Control setting) allows Spring Loading.
I don't understand why.

Oh, I thought you wanted to stop it from happening--misread the original question.

Are you using a third-party mouse with its own controller software? Not sure if that would interfere or not but I would expect it to.

macOS ventura automatically opening folders I mouseover when moving files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.