Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How to safely clean iphone

Can i use alcohol free wet wipes to clean my iphone screen or would it damage it? If not what would be best to use?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 11:34 AM

Without knowing what is in those wet wipes, I wouldn't.

See the following Apple Support article for information on cleaning an iPhone: Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support

For wipes that are recommended, see the following from that support article:

Is it OK to use a disinfectant on my iPhone?

Using a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe, 75 percent ethyl alcohol wipe, or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, you may gently wipe the exterior surfaces of your iPhone. Don't use products containing bleach or hydrogen peroxide. Avoid getting moisture in any openings, and don't submerge your iPhone in any cleaning agents.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 11:34 AM in response to isbanned111

Without knowing what is in those wet wipes, I wouldn't.

See the following Apple Support article for information on cleaning an iPhone: Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support

For wipes that are recommended, see the following from that support article:

Is it OK to use a disinfectant on my iPhone?

Using a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe, 75 percent ethyl alcohol wipe, or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, you may gently wipe the exterior surfaces of your iPhone. Don't use products containing bleach or hydrogen peroxide. Avoid getting moisture in any openings, and don't submerge your iPhone in any cleaning agents.

How to safely clean iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.