iCloud Photos

I logged my daughter into my iPad and now my photos are appearing on her iPad. How do I remove them and stop this?

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 9:29 PM

First, to stop this you will have to log your daughter out of your iPad (and log yourself back in). Except in special school and business settings, iPads are intended to be single-user devices.

Second, once the devices are on separate Apple IDs, she will have to detect and remove them manually[*]. If she cannot do so for some reason (such as age), you may need to help her or do it for her.

Third, you will probably find that some of your daughter's photos have made their way onto your iPad while it was connected to her account. You will have to sort detect and remove them manually[*].

[*] If your iPads and other source devices are of different models, and if you have access to Macs on either or both Apple IDs, you might be able to code Smart Albums to help in one or both searches.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 9:29 PM in response to MMclean914

First, to stop this you will have to log your daughter out of your iPad (and log yourself back in). Except in special school and business settings, iPads are intended to be single-user devices.

Second, once the devices are on separate Apple IDs, she will have to detect and remove them manually[*]. If she cannot do so for some reason (such as age), you may need to help her or do it for her.

Third, you will probably find that some of your daughter's photos have made their way onto your iPad while it was connected to her account. You will have to sort detect and remove them manually[*].

[*] If your iPads and other source devices are of different models, and if you have access to Macs on either or both Apple IDs, you might be able to code Smart Albums to help in one or both searches.

iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.