apple tv+ firestick 2nd gen works 4k doesn't

I have two firestick 4K's and one firestick 2nd gen. Until two days ago all three worked with Apple TV+. Then two days ago the 4K's would play Apple+ video's for about 20 seconds and then gets "video not available, there is a problem loading this video, check your internet connection". The 2nd gen firestick still works without a problem. I have tested all three in exactly the same setup. They are running the same version of the Apple Tv app. The only difference I can see is that the 4K's run fireos 6.2.9.8 while the 2nd gen runs 5.2.9.5.

I don't know what changed two days ago. I suppose the fireos could have updated on the 4k's but I don't have any way to know that.

1080p,

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 1:05 PM

The last few days, we’re seeing here an increased number of users reports on issues with the Apple TV app on Fire TV devices. Unfortunately, no conclusion for the cause or solution has been reached yet.

If you want, you may add your report by contacting an expert from the Apple Support staff. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Else consider using the feedback form, then your message will be forwarded to the appropriate team.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 1:05 PM in response to kmand

The last few days, we’re seeing here an increased number of users reports on issues with the Apple TV app on Fire TV devices. Unfortunately, no conclusion for the cause or solution has been reached yet.

If you want, you may add your report by contacting an expert from the Apple Support staff. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Else consider using the feedback form, then your message will be forwarded to the appropriate team.

apple tv+ firestick 2nd gen works 4k doesn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.