Face ID not working on iPhone 13 mini

When I try to setup my Face ID again, I get the message that Face ID is not available and to try setting it up later. It was working fine until it updated to iOS 16.6.1.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 1:03 PM

Hello,

Apple has several documents helping you with Face ID.

This Support article is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice or an issue with the TrueDepth camera. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Unless a software update solves the problem you may need to have Apple take a look at your device. Use this link to set up an appointment —> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple and this one to get a repair estimate —> iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

If you don't see a 'disabled' message but do have general issues with Face ID not working properly, explore the list of things to try in this document: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the first 8 don't solve the issue then use #9, contact Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 1:03 PM in response to JRFACEID

Hello,

Apple has several documents helping you with Face ID.

This Support article is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice or an issue with the TrueDepth camera. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Unless a software update solves the problem you may need to have Apple take a look at your device. Use this link to set up an appointment —> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple and this one to get a repair estimate —> iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

If you don't see a 'disabled' message but do have general issues with Face ID not working properly, explore the list of things to try in this document: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the first 8 don't solve the issue then use #9, contact Apple.

Face ID not working on iPhone 13 mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.