I tried everything the article says and nothing is working, what do I do now can I take this to an Apple Store and they’ll do it?.

it keeps giving me the support.Apple.com and I keep turning it off and trying to put command R, but nothing ever happens please help. Llllllllll llll

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 1:58 PM

Do you have a Mac with apple silicon? You might want to use these steps in order to enter macOS recovery

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until the system volume and the Options button appear.
  2. Click the Options button, then click Continue. 
  3. If asked, select a volume to recover, then click Next.
  4. Select an administrator account, then click Next.
  5. Enter the password for the administrator account, then click Continue.

If you've entered recovery, please follow these steps

se Disk Utility to repair your startup disk

Select Disk Utility from the list in macOS Recovery, then click Continue and follow the steps to repair your startup disk with Disk Utility. These steps also describe what to do if Disk Utility can't repair your startup disk, or Disk Utility doesn't see your startup disk.

When done, restart your Mac: choose Apple menu  > Restart.

Reinstall macOS, if necessary

If the question mark returns after restarting your Mac, repeat steps 1 and 2 to turn off your Mac and start up again from macOS Recovery. Then follow the steps to reinstall macOS.

If you still cannot start up from macOS recovery, please see this link and follow the instructions provided

If you can't start up from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 1:58 PM in response to lionleon1

Do you have a Mac with apple silicon? You might want to use these steps in order to enter macOS recovery

1. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until the system volume and the Options button appear.
  2. Click the Options button, then click Continue. 
  3. If asked, select a volume to recover, then click Next.
  4. Select an administrator account, then click Next.
  5. Enter the password for the administrator account, then click Continue.

If you've entered recovery, please follow these steps

se Disk Utility to repair your startup disk

Select Disk Utility from the list in macOS Recovery, then click Continue and follow the steps to repair your startup disk with Disk Utility. These steps also describe what to do if Disk Utility can't repair your startup disk, or Disk Utility doesn't see your startup disk.

When done, restart your Mac: choose Apple menu  > Restart.

Reinstall macOS, if necessary

If the question mark returns after restarting your Mac, repeat steps 1 and 2 to turn off your Mac and start up again from macOS Recovery. Then follow the steps to reinstall macOS.

If you still cannot start up from macOS recovery, please see this link and follow the instructions provided

If you can't start up from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Sep 15, 2023 10:03 PM in response to lionleon1

Hi lionleon1,

Based on your device description, I'm assuming you have an Intel-based MacBook Air. In that case, you can force it to start up from Internet Recovery: hold down Option-Command-R as you power on or restart your Mac. If successful, a spinning globe will appear, or you'll be asked to connect to a Wi-Fi network.

If that doesn't seem to do anything, maybe there's an issue with your internal keyboard. Try connecting an external wired keyboard and hold down either Command-R or Option-Command-R as you power on or restart your Mac. Release the keys when the Apple logo and a progress bar appear, or when a spinning globe appears.

(If you're using a Windows keyboard instead, use Windows-R or Windows-Alt-R respectively.)

I tried everything the article says and nothing is working, what do I do now can I take this to an Apple Store and they’ll do it?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.