Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone passcode

I forgot my IPhone passcode, but still I can unlock because of my Face Id. My question is how to reset my password without lose my data? Thanks.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 2:40 PM

You can’t, The next time the phone restarts you will need the passcode or you will have to restore the phone to factory settings, then restore a recent backup.

As you can currently get into your phone with Face ID you should back it up to iCloud immediately→How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. You cannot back up to your computer, because you would need the passcode to do that, but if you have an iCloud backup you can restore that backup after resetting your phone to factory settings and you won’t lose any content.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 2:40 PM in response to jampa1

You can’t, The next time the phone restarts you will need the passcode or you will have to restore the phone to factory settings, then restore a recent backup.

As you can currently get into your phone with Face ID you should back it up to iCloud immediately→How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. You cannot back up to your computer, because you would need the passcode to do that, but if you have an iCloud backup you can restore that backup after resetting your phone to factory settings and you won’t lose any content.

iPhone passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.