Ship to Canada, pay with US card?

Can I buy an iPhone from apple.ca, pay with an US debit card and ship it to a Canadian address?

Ten years ago, which is when this question was last answered here, the answer was no.

Now the answer is yes, and with cards from several other countries as well. When making

a purchase you will be given an opportunity to enter your own billing info. Credit cards are

also accepted.

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 5:08 PM

12 replies

Sep 15, 2023 7:56 PM in response to Billy@MIX.COM

Perhaps I don't understand and you really haven't made it totally clear what you want to do?

So please explain in more detail what you want to do? I've reread your first post and I think you're asking if you can go to the Apple Canada website and order an iPhone to be delivered to an address in Canada, using a US Credit card? Is that what you want to do? If yes, I don't believe that's possible. In most countries, in order to order a device, one has to have a valid shipping address in the country (in your case, you're asking about Canada?) AND a valid credit card ISSUED in the country of purchase.

Sep 16, 2023 11:59 AM in response to Billy@MIX.COM

Billy@MIX.COM wrote:

Can I buy an iPhone from apple.ca, pay with an US debit card and ship it to a Canadian address?

My understanding is that you need a Canadian credit card to place an order in the Canadian Apple Online Store. However, you can certainly test this yourself by setting up an order and seeing if it lets you move to checkout.

Sep 17, 2023 10:13 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I have already placed the order. I am in the USA. I have a friend in graduate school in Canada. I wanted to give her a new phone. I first used a search engine to investigate how I could do this without having to go to Canada or wire her some money, and I saw the old (from 2012) "Ship to Canada, pay with US card?" thread here. I then phoned Apple support and asked how I might be able to use an American debit or credit card to pay for a phone that she would pick up at an Apple store in Toronto, and they told me it's ok, just go to Apple's Canada website and buy it, naming my friend as the person who will receive it. She will receive her new phone this Saturday.

Ship to Canada, pay with US card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.