Question mark screen and Command R isn’t working

I was recently gifted my dad’s MacBook Pro that he no longer needed. He factory reset it and gave it to me. I’m seeing the blinking ? icon. I pressed and held Command R and it keeps blinking the ? icon.

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 7:27 PM

Emvel Said:

"Question mark screen and Command R isn’t working: I was recently gifted my dad’s MacBook Pro that he no longer needed. He factory reset it and gave it to me. I’m seeing the blinking ? icon. I pressed and held Command R and it keeps blinking the ? icon."

-------

Using Recovery Mode on a Silicon Mac:

[command + R] is for Macs with Intel processor. You have a Silicon chip. Go here: Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple Silicon - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 7:27 PM in response to Emvel

Emvel Said:

"Question mark screen and Command R isn’t working: I was recently gifted my dad’s MacBook Pro that he no longer needed. He factory reset it and gave it to me. I’m seeing the blinking ? icon. I pressed and held Command R and it keeps blinking the ? icon."

-------

Using Recovery Mode on a Silicon Mac:

[command + R] is for Macs with Intel processor. You have a Silicon chip. Go here: Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple Silicon - Apple Support

Question mark screen and Command R isn’t working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.